INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
OF THE TREASURY
Employer Identification Number
Before we can determine whether your organization is exempt from Federal income tax, we must have enough information to show that you have met all legal requirements. You did not include the information needed to make the determination on your Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
To help us determine whether your organization is exempt from Federal income ax, please send us the requested information by the above date. We an then complete our review of your application.
If we do not hear from you within that time, we will assume you do not want us to consider the matter further and will close your case. In that event, as required by Code section 6104(c), we will notify the appropriate state officials that, based on the information we have, we cannot recognize you as an organization of the kind described in Code section 501(c)(3). As a result, the Internal Revenue Service will treat your organization as a taxable entity. If we receive the information after the response due date, we may ask you to sent us a new Form 1023.
In addition, if you do not provide the requested information in a timely manner, we will consider that you have not taken all reasonable steps to secure the determination you requested. Under Code section 7428(b),12), your not taking all reasonable steps in a timely manner to secure the determination may be considered as failure to exhaust administrative remedies available to you within the Service. Therefore, you may lose your rights to a declaratory judgement under Code section 7428.
If you have any questions, please contact the person whose name and telephone number are shown in the heading of this letter.
Thank you for your cooperation.
/s/ Todd Cole
A11 information should be furnished over the signature of a principal officer
Please mail the information requested in this letter to the following address:
You may fax information to (214) 767-3533.
1. P1ease provide a third-party independent appraisal of the land to be donated.
2. Please provide a more detailed map of the area in question. Please list
3. Please provide more information concerning the following activities as
Please indicate how these activities would fit within the definition of an IRC 501c(3) organization.
4. Please indicate why the organization will be incurring such extensive fundraising expenses of $40,000, $50,000 and $60,000 in years to come.
5. Why is Mrs. Schneider making loans to the organization for $13,000 and $35,000? How
have the proceeds of these loans been utilized by the
6. It is noted that all of your organization's officers/directors are related. Please note that a board of directors that includes representatives from the community, instead of a board consisting solely of family members, is an indication that the organization will serve public rather than private interests. Do you plan to expand your board to include a majority of non-family members? Please provide details and a timeframe.
Identify the position and individual and for each one, please (a) explain how
compensation is determined to be reasonable, (b) explain duties and hours devoted to
duties, (c) indicate any concurrent employment and hours devoted to it, and (d) provide
copies of minutes approving current and