1. Will treat the property/habitat as if it were your own.
2. Will minimize the noise that I make or cause to be made on this property/habitat, including when entering this property/habitat both in consideration of the sanctity of the property/habitat as well as the well being of the surrounding inhabitants and properties.
3. Will try to "Take only the Drake" as a voluntary restraint
to the challenge, focus, accomplishment, and benefit of the hunter,
while also positively impacting long-term wildlife populations.
4. Close and secure all gates when entering/exiting the property.
5. Will cooperate fully with the caretaker(s) of MāHUNT.
6. Will NOT access this property/habitat or any other of MāHUNT’s properties/habitat without being an authorized winner of the free draw or blind cash bid during the three day period covered by such winning entry.
7. Will NOT trespass on neighboring private properties.
8. Will NOT use on the property/habitat any firearm or archery equipment in a reckless or risky manner and will not take target practice with such at any time.
9. Will follow all applicable state and federal hunting regulations, including but not limited to not knocking down or manipulating any crops on the property/habitat of MāHUNT to constitute illegal baiting and not bring any salt licks/blocks or bait onto the property.
10. Will NOT damage MāHUNT’s properties/habitat and will take special care to minimize my impact on the property/habitat, endeavoring to leave the property/habitat as close to
at least its condition prior to my entry as possible.
11. Except with respect to Dunn #1, Dunn #3, and Dunn #5 as specifically provided in Section
13. below, will NOT use any motorized or wheeled vehicle (including but not limited to car, truck, SUV, snowmobile, motorcycle, quad, all terrain, electric golf cart, tractor, bicycle, or unicycle) on MāHUNT’s property/habitat, except to park (one) my vehicle on the property/habitat if necessary and then as close to the ENTRANCE as possible. (See attached map of subject property for location of the ENTRANCE.) Physically handicapped persons (denoted by a state authorized parking placard placed prominently on their vehicle’s dashboard) may drive on clearly identifiable vehicle paths or roads on the property so long as no snow, soft ground or muddiness exists on such paths or roads. Such persons may also use wheelchairs on the property when snow, soft ground or muddiness does not exist.
12. With respect to Dunn #1, Dunn #3 and Dunn #5 will use a motorized
vehicle for no other use on MāHUNT property/habitat but to transport Applicant’s and/or Companion’s own non-motorized (one) watercraft
plus oars/paddle(s)/pole(s) to and from within 50 yards of water’s edge and to park there or at the designated parking area near the entrance. Such motorized vehicle use will be limited to a pre-designated access road (“Water Access Road”). (See attached map(s) for location of Water Access Road.)
13. Will NOT use or construct any permanent stand or blind on MāHUNT’s property/habitat and will remove upon Applicant’s and Companion’s (if applicable) final departure
during any consecutive entrant period(s) any portable stand or blind owned by Applicant or Companion (if applicable) that Applicant and/or Companion have brought onto the property/habitat.
No tools, except knives, calls and those required to fix a flat tire or
construct such permissible stand(s), blind(s) or traps and their
associated tools—all of which must be removed upon the entrants' final
departure during any consecutive entrant period(s)—may be brought onto or
used on the property.
14. Will comply with all other activity restrictions specific to the subject property attached to this sheet determined by MāHUNT for the purposes of preserving safety and protecting MāHUNT’s property/habitat and will hunt using fair chase ethics.
15. Will NOT remove any artifacts (including, but, not limited to arrowheads, tomahawk heads, or burial relics) from the property/habitat. The caretaker(s) must be informed of the location of any artifacts in person or by mail as soon as possible.
16. Will record in the Hunting Log Book each time I sign in to enter the property/habitat and will return before leaving the property/habitat to record the time I leave the property/habitat each day, including all information required in the Hunting Log Book. In no event will I enter the property/habitat prior to
two hours before sunrise nor leave the property/habitat more than two hours after sunset.
17. No dog, cat or other domesticated or pet animal (including but not limited to horse, cow, sheep, pig, llama, birds, rodents, fish or insects) shall be permitted on the property/habitat, except see specific rules for Dunn #3 and Dunn #5 regarding one dog per entrant.
18. No wild animal, bird or fish shall be brought on to, or released into, the property/habitat.
19. No signs, banners, graffiti, protests, or noise of similar nature shall be brought onto the property/habitat or made on the
property/habitat or placed on anything on the property/habitat.
20 No frisbee(s), kite(s), ball(s) (baseball, football, golf ball,
tennis ball, etc), mobile telephones, radios (except the car or vehicle radio, which shall be turned off prior to entering the property/habitat), TVs, music boxes, computers, or similar noise producing products may be brought onto or
used (thrown, hit) on the property/habitat.
21 Will not take any shots at wild game/birds that are unlikely to result in quick euthanasia of the animal or bird. This includes "sky busting" or taking any shot that the shooter is not very confident from his past shooting history at animals or targets will result in a swift euthanasia. All birds or game shot shall be pursued diligently and quickly and dispatched mercifully if not already
22. Will NOT start a fire or strike a match or lighter on the property/habitat.
23. Will NOT litter on the property/habitat or bring chewing or bubble gum or tobacco products onto the property/habitat,
and will pick up any trash left by others or blown onto the property.
24. Will NOT bring onto the property/habitat any alcoholic beverages or drinks, illegal drugs or use same on the property/habitat.
25. May NOT remove any wild mushrooms, puff balls, fruit or berries from the property/habitat and will release MāHUNT from any liability from ingesting or having anything taken from the property/habitat, but shall not pull, kill, cut, trim, harm, or deface any plants or trees.
26. May remove ethically taken legal birds, animals, asparagus cuttings (not roots), nuts and fallen leaves from the property/habitat.
27. Must take all necessary precautions to not be bitten by ticks, mosquitos, fleas or other insects which may carry lyme, West Nile fever or other diseases while on the property/habitat or while handling
legally taken sustenance/sustaining birds and animals from the property/habitat.
28. Must take all necessary precautions to avoid any and all contact with sick reptiles, birds, animals or their rubbings on the property/habitat and to minimize being bitten, touching prions, contracting rabies, or an other disease or malady like TB. Plastic gloves should be worn when touching, cleaning or cutting any legally taken game or birds, and contact with brain, spinal or lymph tissue should be avoided. Any sighting of a sick, staggering, drooling, foaming from the mouth or nose, disoriented, or emaciated animal, bird, or reptile on the property/habitat should be reported quickly to the
29. Shall not deface, destroy, scratch or in any way harm any plaques or memorabilia on the property/habitat.
30. Applicants who successfully/legally harvest a deer on any of the property/habitat, my utilize a wheeled vehicle (as small as possible) to drive near the harvested deer and remove it from the property/habitat.
31. Will hold harmless MāHUNT and any one affiliated, employed, or utilized by
MāHUNT from liability for any injury or property damage from known or unanticipated risks or causes received while engaged in recreation activities on the property, as provided by provisions described in § 895.52(5), Wis. Stats. and § 29.59(7) Wis. Stats.