MāHUNT (Dunn #3)
SPECIFIC PROPERTY/HABITAT RESTRICTIONS AND WARNINGS
1. The hunting log book is located in the small white building to the east of the parking lot.
2. No carrying of an uncased gun or uncased or not fully covered bow or shooting of a gun or bow may take place in the northern 300 yards of the property/habitat, e.g., at least twenty yards south of the top of the hill located in the middle of the property. See subject property's aerial map for location of NO HUNTING AREA.
3. Be careful when walking near any marsh or wetland (whether frozen or unfrozen), waterways (whether frozen or unfrozen) or paths, particularly to or near Hook Lake (or on the paths thereto) and do not attempt to wade/cross any ditches, waterways or open water to both minimize the human impact as well as avoiding falling or drowning. Be careful when walking in snow, particularly if you are unsure as to the status of the underlying ground.
4. Be careful when walking in the wooded area or near or around the Indian Mound to minimize the disturbance of such sanctified ground and falling on the uneven ground, especially when the ground is soft or muddy. No walking or wheelchair movement upon the Indian Mounds is permitted.
5. Avoid being near any trees during storms, winds, or calm as limbs or trees falling can be hazardous.
6. No climbing is permitted, except when recreating in the placement of or occupation of Applicant's and/or Companion's own portable tree stand (up to two per entrant), including climbing steps, and while wearing and utilizing an appropriate safety harness.
8. Shotguns (with shot shells not slugs) may be used for squirrel, rabbit, bird or (with slugs) deer hunting, and bows and arrows may be used for bird or deer hunting. No handguns or crossbows are permitted on the property(ies)/habitat.
9. Be careful legally setting traps for fur-bearing animals.
10. Applicant may bring a floatation device or non-motorized watercraft onto to the subject property. If a floatation device or non-motorized watercraft is brought onto the MāHUNT property/habitat, Applicant and Companion (if applicable) must, at all times when using such devices, wear a life jacket that is of a design and type that has been approved by the State of Wisconsin for use by an individual with the same height and weight as Applicant and Companion (if applicable) in the manner that the life jacket was intended to be used.
11. One of the boundaries of Dunn #3 is Hook Lake. Hook Lake is public property below the high water mark and not owned, controlled by or associated with MāHUNT or any of its affiliated entities. Applicant will be allowed to take their vehicle on a predesignated limited access trail (see "Water Access Trail" on the subject property's aerial map) through Dunn #3 in order to drive the Applicant's own non-motorized watercraft to within fifty yards of Hook Lake. Applicant's direct or indirect use of Hook Lake or its dangerous, hazardous and unstable floating bog of any kind whatsoever or any consequences resulting from such direct or indirect use of Hook Lake or its dangerous, hazardous and unstable floating bog is the Applicant's and his or her Companion's (if applicable) sole and complete responsibility. See aerial map of subject property.
12. No trees, shrubs, or plants may be cut, trimmed, or damaged (including, trimming, cutting, or damaging the vegetation for such reasons as creating a shooting lane or construction, installation and/or operation of a tree stand).
13. No trees, shrubs, or plants may be removed from the property by entrants.
14. No swimming or fishing in any water located on the property is permitted.
15. Each entrant to the property may be accompanied by one dog (not required on a leash) from September 1 – March 1 of each year. Entrants should ensure that the dog that accompanies him/her is not inclined to bark. If an entrant has brought a dog that disturbs the habitat with excessive or continual barking, MāHUNT reserves the right to bar such entrant from bringing any dog onto the subject property in the future. However, from March 2 – August 31 of each year, dogs are NOT permitted on the property to ensure minimal disturbance to the property/habitat and wildlife during their early rearing.
ANY VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE HUNTING LOG BOOK'S RULES OR THIS SPECIFIC PROPERTY/HABITAT'S ATTACHED RESTRICTIONS AND WARNINGS shall result in the individual violating such rule (and/or the group that such individual states that he/she represents) paying to
MāHUNT treble damages plus legal fees and being prohibited from entering any
MāHUNT property/habitat in the future. Any and all individuals signing this Hunting Log Book hereby agree to such penalties for such violations by signing and entering the subject property/habitat.